20 before 20 - My Fictional Book-Based Bucket List!


 

Hello~



I’m sure you have a bucket list, or at least a couple life aspirations and things you want to accomplish. I have more of a mental bucket list, a mental checklist of things I really want to do or accomplish in life, whether it's trying a new food or landing my dream job. 



But I also have a lot of things on my bucket list that would be quite impossible for humans nowadays to do, things that can only be accomplished in fiction, in writing. 



I feel like every bookworm has a lot of book-related aspirations that they know they can’t accomplish, but imagine accomplishing them anyway. I really don’t blame us, I mean, how can you not imagine meeting Percy Jackson? Or riding the train to Hogwarts?



I went a bit wild with my creativity for this list. Some of them might be hard to understand for people who haven’t read a specific book, so I tried to keep it more generalized for their sake. 


Anyway, here are 20 things on my fictional, book-based, bucket list! (FBBBL?)



~~~



  1. To get a letter from Hogwarts


Do I really need any further explanation for this? Imagine getting a letter into the school of witchcraft and wizardry. IMAGINE HAGRID KNOCKING ON YOUR FRONT DOOR WITH A BIRTHDAY CAKE!





  1. To fly on a broomstick


This has been an aspiration since I first read about flying on broomsticks. I imagine it would feel like you’re on a rollercoaster almost, but more weightless. Or maybe it just feels like skydiving, I wouldn’t know. NOTE TO HUMANS IN THE FUTURE: Make flying broomstick rides a thing. And I don’t mean a cheaper version of a carousel, I mean FLYING BROOMSTICK.





  1. To be able to eat ambrosia


For those of you who don’t know- ambrosia is a healing drink consumed by gods or demigods, and apparently if mortals drink it, they will b u r n. According to Rick Riordan (who is a god himself and would definitely know this), ambrosia tastes like your favourite food. Imagine a chocolate chip cookie milkshake. Mmmm....





  1. PET FLYING IMP!


In the book series KOTLC, the main character Sophie has a pet imp named Iggy whose breath smells horrible (that is an understatement but whatever). You may be like “Why would you want a pet whose snores are louder than a chainsaw?” and well my friends Iggy may slightly stink but HE’S A FLYING IMP. I think that makes up for his uh- um- odor. 





  1. To be able to meet Keefe *I’m not your legacy boy* Sencen


Keefe Sencen is a character from KOTLC and he is absolute perfection. After reading book 8.5, it may be hard to find him, but when I do, I will smother him in a giant bear hug. Sokeefe shippers- we shall rise! 





  1. To manifest an ability!


This is another KOTLC themed one, but basically the elves in KOTLC have abilities, like a Telepath, a Mesmer (mind controlling elf alert), a Hydrokinetic (controls water) and even a Shade (controls shadows)! In the “What KOTLC ability would you have?” quiz I got Telepathy the first time and a Shade for the second time I did it, so I have high hopes. Don’t know if I’m too old or too young to manifest one though-





  1. To visit Mount Olympus


For those of you who’re clueless, imagine heaven but with snobby gods and way too many temples devoted to snobby gods. It’s basically paradise...with snobby Greek gods.





  1. To meet a Greek god


Okay I know I called them snobby in the previous one, but hoping they don’t blast me to Tartarus (I feel like Apollo is the one least capable of doing that-) it would be so cool to meet an actual Greek god. Definitely nerve racking and a teeny bit scary (especially if they’re in their giant form) but kind of like meeting a celebrity! (But, ya know, the celebrity can blast you to smithereens!)





  1. To meet an Indian mythological god


 I put this one separate from the one before because I feel like meeting an Indian god would be a different experience. From what I’ve read in Aru Shah, they’re slightly less snobby and ten times more likely to send me to the Underworld but hey, to take a selfie with Indra? The Lord of the Skies? Worth it.





  1. TO MEET THE POTATOES


If you’ve read Aru Shah, you would know that the main character group have named themselves as the renowned…”Potatoes”. Aru, Mini, Brynne, and Aiden are the OG’s, and I would sacrifice the last slice of pizza to my brother to meet them.





  1. To be able to fly on a Pterodactyl and meet a friendly (ish) T. Rex 


In KOTLC, Sophie does both of these things and I really really really really want to meet Verdi, the T. Rex with green feathers! I also think that flying on a Pterodactyl *might* be superior to a broomstick, but who knows?





  1. TO FLY ON AN ALICORN!


You’re probably getting tired of all the flying ones but I’m really not. Imagine….soaring through the sky….on a sparkly winged horse….who also happens to have sparkly poop apparently. 





  1. To be able to visit all the fantasy realms in The Land of Stories


In this series, I think near the end, they start travelling between different fairytale realms, and all I could think about was how cool it would be to meet the Queen of Hearts, visit magical kingdoms, and travel to lands no human has set foot in.





  1. To visit Atlantis


To us mere humans, Atlantis is a lost city, but the elves have preserved it in a giant air bubble under the ocean (don’t ask- I promise I’m not a conspiracy theorist). I think it would be really cool to be inside a giant bubble under the sea, and to visit a city that humans think is “lost”. 





  1. To eat all the elvin desserts!


I’m pretty sure Shannon Messenger put up KOTLC themed recipes in her website and in book 8.5 but imagine eating the desserts that the elves made themselves, custard bursts, butter blasts, all that good stuff. Shannon Messenger makes my mouth water with her desserts descriptions!





  1. To be Annabeth Chase for a day


Here, I’ll give you a word vomit and let you figure it out: Books. Books. Percy. Books. Being superior to everyone. Books. Book sweaters. Books. ATHENA. Books. Having Seaweed Brain as your partner in crime. PERCY. 





  1. To visit Camp Half-Blood


I think this is on literally every PJO fan’s bucket list. Camp Half-Blood is the demigod camp where demigods train to be heroes, or to become the hero no one knew they needed, or to fix things the snobby gods are too lazy to do themselves. I feel like my biggest fear would be the rock climbing wall, the lava scorching your feet as you try to get to the top before you drown in it. Can’t wait! 





  1. To be able to experience and live in the past


I really want to go back in time to see the world from a new perspective, and to solve mysteries that humans nowadays claim their past ancestors have the answer to. I think living through your past memories would be cool too. It's all fun and games till you get stuck-





  1. To breathe in space


This literally goes against the laws of the universe but I imagine it would be fun to float around near the stars and experience the solitude of space without having to worry about minor difficulties like- well- dying. 





  1. Lastly, to take a peek inside famous authors’ heads and see how they imagine their stories~


I’m looking at you Rick Riordan, Shannon Messenger, Roshani Chokshi, Sarah J. Maas, J. K. Rowling, and literally every single author I know and read. 



~~~



That was the end of my very creative bucket list! Let me know if you have more ideas in the comments! 



Thanks for reading!



- Sincerely, Sapphire


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts